Remodeling Tips - Kitchens and Bathrooms
An updated kitchen or bathroom can add value to your home, however the remodeling process can feel overwhelming.
See below for ten tips on how to make your remodeling easier and less daunting.
- Do your homework and create a priority list of things that you love, must have and can give up.
- Work only with qualified professionals to guide you through the process. This may include a designer and a contractor.
- Have a budget in mind, create a timeline for the renovation and stick to it.
- Get thoughtful about the layout. Who will use the space? How will the space be used? Research the cost of things.
- Work with professionals that you trust to guide you. Our designers and installers have been in the renovation business for years and have the ideas, resources and know how to make the project go more efficiently.
- Be smart about installing cabinets. Cabinetry installation is an art and is not done by anyone. A good installer can make it happen.
- Pick flooring that is both practical and beautiful. It all starts from the floor. Once the floor is decided upon, the cabinetry, countertop, tile and other materials follow. Choose the flooring that fits your budget and your lifestyle.
- Remember that, in a kitchen, good lighting is key.
- Pay attention to the details.
- Set up a temporary kitchen or alternate bath while your renovation is taking place. This will make the process a bit less overwhelming.
Schedule an appointment with a kitchen designer.